In 2003 I decided to take a gap year between school and university to do a mixture of paid work, volunteering and independent travel. Fuelled by clichéd intentions of self discovery and broadening my horizons I set off on an adventure which I can now say with absolute certainty has changed me in ways I never thought possible. If you're in two minds about the value of taking a gap year, worried about the financial ramifications or just daunted by the prospect of organising and embarking on a new adventure then read on, and let me open your eyes to the possibilities it holds!
My volunteer placement was working in a small Tented Camp on an Island of Lake Baringo, right in the heart of Kenya's stunning Great Rift Valley. The placement was organised by a gap ye View the rest of this article
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment