Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Alone in a Relationship

The most daunting feeling I have ever had was to be married and discover I was completely alone!

It was my first marriage and I was only 23 and she was 18. She asked me to marry her and I jumped at the opportunity. We didn't know each other for very long-just a few weeks.

I have always been a loner with few friends; in fact my circle of friends usually consisted of one. My family moved often and when I did make a new friend it was for a short period. Because I lived in a very dysfunctional family and a hostile environment, I managed to survive by hiding and finding my own space. In my family, I was alone. Still this loneliness didn't prepare me for what I was to experience a day or two after I was married.

My new wife made some of View the rest of this article


No comments: